In Agatha Christie’s short story, “The Idol House of Astarte,” she mentions about the evil influence of certain places, infesting people with negative energy. Leeches, are those who belong to that story.To stay healthy, keep away from people who are inspired by the life philosophy of Leeches.
Getting out of poisonous environments which destroy, is far better than letting your life blood be leeched out, day by day by unworthy souls.In my view, life gives us choices at every moment-where and how to invest our time.
Leeches cling onto healthy humans, sucking the blood and growing fat and fatter- at someone else’s expense.! It could be the other person’s time, energy, life energy, happiness, talents, hard work ..
Leeches cannot be pulled away forcefully- they will tear your skin apart along with themselves. These specimens epitomize I LOSE/YOU LOSE life position ( I am NOT OK/You are NOT OK). When they bloat with your life energy, they brag that they are in the I WIN/YOU LOSE life position( I am OK/You are NOT OK).
Anyway, it takes strong salt to force them to let go ; and curl up defensively on a mossy rock by the roadside.
Salt could be in the form of strongly laid out boundaries, total indifference, excellence and happiness. The last two salted solutions have the best effect on blood suckers! You see, these makes them sick. They turn green on seeing you happy and successful. You are engaged in meaningful life pursuits and they cannot bear to see it.
If you read articles on Control and Manipulative behavior in people, these offer classical explanations of a leech’s core characteristics:
- Leeches stick on for life- their very existences are thrown into imbalance, if you flick them off. They will constantly try to come back and stick close to you.
- Leeches have to be fed- they are always hungry- for more money, more control, more of your happiness. They will manipulate the truths into a fictitious movie where they play heroes and heroines and ensure that there are enough audience screaming by the screening theatres, pop corn in hand. They also cry and laugh at intermittent intervals, whenever it suits them to do so. They are good when they choose to be, when it suits them to be. Rest of the time they are busy being unhappy.
- Leeches are born to be parasites- they cannot own responsibility for their own lives or happiness. These are necessarily the responsibility, as far as their skewed logic goes, of some one else! Did you not know, Madame Leech needs happiness! Mister Leech wants to feel good. So go ahead, dance to their tunes. Wiggle to the music of their finger movements- they have the threads of the puppets in their hands, did you not know? We owe it to them- to make them happy. We are the reasons for their unhappiness.
- Leeches are born manipulative- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them. In a similar manner, Leeches are born manipulative, some achieve it from parental training and nurturing environment, some have manipulation thrust upon them – by truckloads too!
- Leeches are fanatical beings- They have strong codes for right and wrong. If they sip coffee, it is alright. If you sip coffee and smile, they will bite hard. Your blood has been poisoned, stupid, and the Leech is tasting a happy-coffee smile in it, can you not see?If you ask the Leech politely, but who asked you to suck my blood if you detest coffee, they will answer that your blood was to be kept pure for their leeching business. How dare you try anything like coffee, tea or fruit juice? Your happiness makes your blood bitter for the leech- so stop being happy!
- Leeches are from the Dracula family-Nothing matters in the ultimate journey to your jugular vein! Their life goals are centered around your life blood. Their every waking moment goes to plotting your downfall- almost like Cassius and Brutus and Co! They wait patiently for the Ides of March, so that the bloody battle can begin- I will bleed you dead, so beware!
Having seen so many types of leeches all my life, of either gender, of varying ages, I have come to detest them, but I refuse to give them the importance of hating them! As a wise soul said, the opposite of love is not hate- it is indifference.One does not give a damn! And one is not even a fan of Rhett Butler!
Gary Zukav asks, ‘Are the people in your life kind and loving? If so, your intentions are kind and loving. And you are a member of the love and kindness club. ‘
I think of leeches. Which club do they belong to? As Groucho Marx said, may be they do not want to be members of the club which will have them – because their club is called: Yucky and Abominable.